Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Hubby said Teriyaki" Pork Chops





Me: "Hey Hun I have pork chops in the fridge that need to be cooked, are you hungry?"
Hubby: "Sure I could eat, how are you cooking them"
Me:"I don't know, with flour in a pan."
Hubby: 'Borrrrrrring, Howabout Teriyaki"

This is how most of my great recipes start out.

Asian flavors are the hardest to recreate at home in my honest opinion. So I like to say things like "Asian Inspired". It started out with basic ingredients you'd think of for a Teriyaki marinade, like Teriyaki sauce, HA! But no, it evolved into something outrageous.

Soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, ginger,fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and molasses. I slowly simmered the ingredients in a small saucepan for about 15 minutes to let it naturally thicken. Then I poured about 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a pan, salt and peppered the pork chops and threw them in a pan. After letting the pork chops brown a little on one side *about 2 minutes* I started slowly pouring in the sauce, coating the pork chops and leaving a little bit for them to soak in while cooking. Every 2 minutes or so I'd add in a little more. After about 8 minutes I flipped them over and started the process again, Leaving just a little extra for serving on the side.




These were delicious, and the sauce stuck perfectly on the chop with the garlic. The molasses does get the sauce a bit sticky while its cooking, I added a few more drops of canola oil and used a spoon to pick up the crispy, sticky garlic pieces and excess sauce to baste the pork chops towards the end of cook time. SO MOIST!

I served with fresh green beans and brown rice and the extra marinade on the side. We poured it right over the rice!

Here is the break down:
1/4 cup soy
1/4 cup Teriyaki
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
2 gloves garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon ginger
Canola oil for the pan

2 boneless medium thick pork chops :) ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment